All documents on this site require Adobe Acrobat to view them. This is a free software package.

Get Acrobat Reader (link to

Tax Tip:
If the total amount of PAYE and NIC you pay to the Collector of Taxes each month is less than £1,500 you can ask to prepare quarterly instead of monthly PAYE returns. Just fill in form P31 and send it off to the Accounts Office with your next payment slip.
Content and design © Taxwriter 2004. You are viewing this web site in conjunction with our terms and conditions.
As main or joint author

I am the main author or joint author for these works published by the following publishers:

Sweet & Maxwell

    Practical Commercial Tax:Managing Tax Issues in Commercial Transactions; first published in 2007.

    This is a loose leaf work updated twice a year aimed at lawyers and accountants who are not tax specialists, but who want to be certain they have considered all the tax angles when advising their clients on key commercial transactions.

Bloomsbury Professional

As part of the Bloomsbury Professional Core Tax Annual series:

  • Capital Gains Tax 2010/11
  • Since 2007 I have also updated:

  • Roll-over, Hold-over and Deferral Reliefs 2010/11

ICAEW Tax Faculty

As part of the TAXLine Tax Practice series:

  • Let Property - a brief guide. (May 2006)


As part of Consult CCH workflow

  • Entrepreneurs' Relief
  • Business Asset Roll-over Relief
  • R&D enhanced tax relief
  • In the CCH Tax Digest series:

    • CGT reliefs for business assets. (April 2010)

    In the CCH Payroll Digest series:

    • Relocation Assistance. (September 2003)
    • Employer Compliance Visits. (May 2004)
    • Employee Status. (September 2004)

    Indicator Ltd

    • Profit Extraction
    • Company Cars

    «« Back